Fundraising Registration Telephone Volunteer – Oxford
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Each year 30,000 people sign up to do their own fundraising activity for Cancer Research UK. Our office-based fundraising team contact these fundraisers to offer support and motivate them to raise as much as possible, whilst giving them a great experience of raising funds for the charity. You will be making contact with some of these supporters by telephone, helping them to start their journey with Cancer Research UK.
What skills do I need?
- Telephone skills and confidence in using the phone as a communication tool
- Attention to detail and able to update our database accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building relationships with our supporters
- Confidence in dealing with people in a customer service or sales environment
What will I be doing?
- Making outbound telephone calls to people who have already registered for a fundraising pack
- Thanking supporters for their interest in fundraising for Cancer Research UK
- Identifying the support they require and either providing basic support where possible or passing them to a member of the team
- Updating the database to reflect the contact made and the outcome of the call
Ideally you will be able to commit for one or two days each week. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
What support will we give you?
You will receive an induction to our Central Fundraising Team and training around the process of Fundraising Registrations, including how to use our database. You will also gain knowledge about the work of Cancer Research UK and how our supporters are impacting our work.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to use your skills to help our supporters raise as much as they can for cancer research
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- A unique insight into the world of volunteer fundraising and the charity sector
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
This is an office-based role in Cowley, Oxford.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.