Fundraising & Marketing (Innovation) Internship
We’re looking for a creative and driven self-starter to help us create and deliver new and innovative fundraising campaigns from early research stages through to concept development and testing phases.
What will I be doing?
Contributing to the development of new ideas by:
- Assisting other team members in the development stages of projects
- Performing desk based research – Focusing specifically on emerging technologies in both related and diverse market sectors
- Compiling internal weekly Scouting Updates to the Innovation team
- Distributing monthly Tech Scouting updates to other internal teams
- Helping to facilitate and organise Scouting Workshops with the Innovation team and other internal teams
Also assisting on the delivery to market of campaigns and products that have been developed within the team by:
- Supporting the development of the customer journey and delivery plan
- Organising and participating in innovation project workshops
- Collaborating with in house teams to maximise product exposure e.g. the Social Media and PR teams
What skills will I gain?
- Experience and training in Innovation Ideation techniques
- Experience in facilitation of creative workshops
- Desk based research skills
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with teams across the charity
- The ability to adhere to the Cancer Research UK brand, and be innovative with its use
What skills do I need?
- The ability to be proactive and entrepreneurial in thinking
- Creative, organised and reliable
- Strong research skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to manage your own workload to deadlines
Why we need you
The Innovation team is tasked with creating fundraising products and campaigns with the potential to generate £5m a year. Past projects have included Stand Up to Cancer and Dryathlon. We’re passionate about finding new ideas to form the fundraising campaigns and products of the future; ideas that encourage more people to give to charity.
You’ll conduct market research into competing products both within and outside the third sector and keep the team updated with this important output. We’ll ask you to attend creative workshops to help form ideas or solve problems. The role will also involve contributing to certain products that we’re delivering to market, giving help across marketing, internal communications and where the team need support most.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but the scheme is flexible and this can be discussed on a one to one basis.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.