Fundraising & Marketing (Consumer Market Research) Internship
We're seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual, with an interest in uncovering the behaviours and motivations of the British public, to support strategic decision making across Cancer Research UK.
What will I be doing?
- Leading your own research projects on a wide range of strategic fundraising and marketing topics, including conducting desk research, reviewing trend reports, analysing and presenting your findings
- Supporting team members on live quantitative and qualitative research projects across a number of areas, including consumer strategy, brand and health marketing
- Assisting with our research panel, designing surveys and analysing the data
- Conducting trends research to feed into our ongoing strategy work
- Training in industry-wide consumer data tools (e.g. TGI), uncovering insights to feed into research projects
What skills will I gain?
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience, including designing, creating and analysing quantitative surveys
- The ability to confidently use market data tools to analyse large data sets
- Project management skills
- The opportunity to practice presenting skills in formal and informal settings
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
What skills do I need?
- An interest in understanding the needs, attitudes, motivations and behaviour of the public
- An interest in marketing, advertising and media industries
- A self-starter with good time management skills
- Strong written, verbal and numerical skills
- Ability to synthesise information from diverse sources
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office
Why we need you
The Consumer Market Research team is pivotal to the business in terms of driving consumer understanding and knowledge application across key areas: brand, fundraising, innovation, and health to name a few. We help shape and develop teams’ strategies, campaigns and products to ensure that we beat cancer sooner.
We're looking for an intern to work on a range of qualitative and quantitative research projects, across a number of business areas, including consumer strategy, brand and health marketing. We’re looking for someone with a critical mind who will challenge and build on our thinking.
This internship would suit someone looking to broaden their experience of marketing and market research and gain an understanding into how research is used in a marketing business.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working 1 day from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.