Fundraising Group Member - Herne Bay
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of the ambitious Herne Bay Local Committee Fundraising Group; raising awareness and life-saving funds to help beat cancer sooner.
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. Herne Bay Local Committee has been working hard in the community for over 50 years. In this time, they have raised a phenomenal £500,000 for our life-saving research.
If you’re looking to get involved with a group of inspiring people while making a difference, then joining the Herne Bay Local Committee could be for you.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community
- Supporting with local collections
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area
The type of person we are looking for:
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will work alongside the rest of the fundraising group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK:
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Herne Bay and the surrounding area. However, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
How much time do you need to commit?
The commitment expected is minimal: One meeting every other month, and helping out at 3-4 events/collections per year. As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity you will be able to fit this around your other commitments.
Complete our short online application form today and Lynette Farley, your Local Fundraising Manager, will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising group and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.