Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of an ambitious fundraising group to raise life-saving funds and help us beat cancer sooner.
What skills do you need?
You will need a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK and the ability to think creatively and generate new fundraising ideas. As a team player, you will build and maintain effective relationships with others and have a good knowledge of your local community.
What will you be doing?
As a member of your local fundraising group, your key aim will be to raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research UK. Liaising with the Local Fundraising Manager you will:
- Identify new ideas and opportunities to maximise the funds raised for Cancer Research UK.
- Help to plan and coordinate fundraising activities in your local area.
- Attend group meetings.
- Represent Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community.
- Keep up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK
What support will we give you?
You will be given an induction and training on all aspects of this role and the appropriate Cancer Research UK branded materials. A dedicated Local Fundraising Manager will be available to give you continuous support, advice and guidance. Practical advice around event coordination and management will also be given.
What benefits do you get?
- The opportunity to help in your local community.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to the life-saving pioneering work of Cancer Research UK.
- The opportunity to be part of a passionate team dedicated to making a difference.
- The opportunity to meet new people whilst developing new and existing skills in areas such as fundraising and communication.
Where will you be based?
You will volunteer in your local area.