Fundraising Group Chair - Henley
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Are you ready to take on the exciting role of leading an ambitious fundraising group in Henley & South Oxfordshire? If you’re ready to lead a team like no other then Cancer Research UK wants you. You will play a vital role in managing the day to day running of your local fundraising group.
With the support of your team and the local Fundraising Manager you will generate life saving funds that will go towards achieving Cancer Research UK's ambition - accelerating progress so at least three-quarters of people survive cancer by 2034.
What will you be doing?
As the Chair of your local fundraising group, your key aim is to raise awareness and funds for Cancer Research UK. Liaising with the Local Fundraising Manager you will:
- Co-ordinate your group’s fundraising and awareness activities in your local area
- Help to recruit and attract new members for the group
- Lead group meetings and encourage discussions whilst fairly delegating tasks
- Represent Cancer Research UK and the group in your local community and promote awareness
- Motivate and support other members of the group in their activities ensuring all members contribute fairly
The type of person we are looking for:
Are you a team player with good communication skills, well networked with a local knowledge of your community? You will be motivated and reliable with a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK and have the ability to lead and inspire others to achieve great results.
What can you expect from Cancer Research UK?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Henley & South Oxfordshire. However, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. group meetings.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Register your interest today and Tanisha Greenwood, your Local Fundraising Manager, will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising groups in your area and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.