Fundraising Group Chair - Cambridge
Why we need you:
Take on the exciting role of leading an ambitious fundraising group in Cambridge and help us beat cancer sooner. You will play a vital role in managing the day to day running of your local Cancer Research UK committee.
What skills do you need?
You will need a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK and the ability to lead and inspire others to achieve great results. As an effective communicator, you will be confident at chairing meetings, delegating tasks to group members and an ability to influence people in your community. You will need to take a business-like approach to ensure you are maximizing the efforts of everyone involved in your committee or group. Strong IT skills are desirable and knowledge of your local area would also be an advantage.
What will you be doing?
As the leader of your local fundraising group, you key aim is to raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research UK. Liaising with the Local Fundraising Manager you will:
- Co-ordinating the groups fundraising and awareness activities in your local area.
- Helping to recruit and attract new members for the group.
- Leading group meetings.
- Representing Cancer Research UK and the group in your community.
- Encouraging and supporting other members of the group in their activities.
What support will we give you?
You will receive a full induction and training on all aspects of this role. All appropriate materials will be supplied by Cancer Research UK. A dedicated Local Fundraising Manager will be available to give you continuous support and advice. Other group leaders, as well as your fellow group members, will be able to support you.
What benefits do you get?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- The opportunity to meet new people and work as part of a dedicated and motivated team of volunteers.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to the life-saving pioneering work of Cancer Research UK.
Where will you be based?
You will volunteer in Cambridge.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.