Fundraising Group Chair - Basingstoke
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Are you ready to take on the exciting role of leading a new fundraising group in the Basingstoke area? If you’re prepared to lead a team like no other, then Cancer Research UK wants you. You will play a vital role in managing the day to day running of your local fundraising group.
With the support of your team and the Local Fundraising Manager you will generate lifesaving funds that will go towards achieving Cancer Research UK's ambition - accelerating progress so at least three-quarters of people survive cancer by 2034.
What skills do you need?
You will need a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK and the ability to lead and inspire others to achieve great results. As an effective communicator, you will be confident at chairing meetings, delegating tasks to group members and an ability to influence people in your community. You will need to take a business-like approach to ensure you are maximizing the efforts of everyone involved in your committee or group. Strong IT skills are desirable and knowledge of your local area would also be an advantage.
What will you be doing?
As the Chair of your local fundraising group, your key aim is to raise awareness and funds for Cancer Research UK. Liaising with the Local Fundraising Manager you will:
- Co-ordinate your groups’ fundraising and awareness activities in your local area
- Help to recruit and attract new members for the committee
- Lead committee meetings and encourage discussions whilst fairly delegating tasks
- Represent Cancer Research UK and the group in your local community and promote awareness
- Motivate and support other members of the group in their activities ensuring all members contribute fairly.
What support will we give you?
- You will receive a full induction on all aspects of this role. All appropriate materials will be supplied by Cancer Research UK.
- A dedicated Local Fundraising Manager will be available to give you continuous support and advice. Other group leaders, as well as your fellow group members, will be able to support you.
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet local like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Basingstoke however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager.
Please fill in out online application form. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager Maria Gomez email@example.com or 07918 196 031
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.