Fundraising Group Accountant - Henley
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Do you long for the day when all cancers are cured? Did you know that Cancer Research UK is the only charity with the knowledge and expertise to tackle all 200 types of cancer?
If you have a keen eye for numbers, and the thought of balancing the books makes your heart skip a beat…then read on! We’re on the lookout for an organised and motivated Accountant for our Henley and South Oxfordshire fundraising group.
If you’re looking to get involved with something different and make a difference, then look no further. You will play a vital role in managing your local fundraising committee's accounts by ensuring all financial processes and procedures are followed.
Are you ready to join a group like no other and meet other like minded volunteers in the quest to beat cancer sooner?
What will you be doing?
- Keeping one eye on having fun with your group members and the other on ensuring accurate and up-to-date financial records of income and expenditure. You will be expected to feed this information back to the committee.
- Acting as one of the main signatories on the committee bank account and taking lead responsibility for counting and depositing money.
- Promoting Gift Aid and its benefits to donors and other committee members.
- Reporting to Cancer Research UK at required times throughout the year, working accurately and thoroughly using Cancer Research UK’s accountancy documents.
- The most important bit: thanking our wonderful supporters for their generous donations.
What type of person are we looking for?
We're looking for a savvy numbers guru with the ability to interpret and draw conclusions from a range of numerical data. You will be able to plan and prioritise multiple tasks and keep accurate records. You will also be able to communicate information clearly and build and maintain relationships with others effectively.
What can you expect from Cancer Research UK?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Henley & South Oxfordshire. However, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. group meetings.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Register your interest today and Tanisha Greenwood, your Local Fundraising Manager, will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising groups in your area and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.