Fundraising Friends - Bromley
Why we need you:
We are looking for a group of firm friends who work well together and would love to take on the exicting challenge of organising a fun local community fundraising activity, with guidance and support from Cancer Research UK. The event might be a charity bus pull or something similar that’s designed to engage the local community in both taking part or coming along to support. You get to be creative, have fun with your pals and do something worthwhile in your local community and for Cancer Research UK.
What skills do I need?
- You will be committed, enthustastic, creative and energetic. Someone who knows how to move things forward with a strong sense of responsibility.
An honest and open communicator who is able to take on new and exisiting ideas and clearly communicate and share your own ideas. If you’re well networked, goal focussed and passionate about helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured, then we want you!
What will I be doing?
- Working closely together to come up with a fun, simple and active fundraising idea
- Set a date and locate a venue for the fundraiser
- Use your local networks to promote and invite people to take part and support your event
- Create awarenss and raise funds to help us beat cancer sooner
What support will we give you?
You will receive ongoing support and guidance from the local Cancer Research UK representitave in South East London. We will supply you with all the necessary resources , branded materials and key awareness information you need to deliver your event. You’ll also meet other like-minded local fundraisers who are working on exciting fundraising initiatives in your area.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new and like-minded people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of fundraising events and the charity sector
Where will I be based?
This is a home based role, however a large part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community ofSouth East London, preferably in or around the Bromley borough. Our Cancer Research UK representative can meet you somewhere locally to help you develop and plan your fundraising activity.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.