Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to assist Cancer Research UK staff promote our new fundraising campaign, ‘You Can’, to get as many people as possible fundraising within your area.
What skills do you need?
We're looking for a proactive and outgoing person with a good knowledge of their local community who is passionate about the work of Cancer Research UK. You will need to use your excellent communication skills to deliver talks and to speak confidently to members of the public. You will also have the ability to influence and persuade others. Ideally, you will be able to drive and the willingness to use your own vehicle would also be an advantage.
What will you be doing?
- Research potential opportunities for Cancer Research UK to promote fundraising within your area.
- Contact local newspapers and radio stations, distributing bespoke press releases and arranging for air time with a Cancer Research UK representative.
- You will have the task of recruiting a company, a school and an individual to successfully hold a fundraising event in 2013.
What support will we give you?
A dedicated member of staff in your area will be on hand to offer you advice and guide you in your work. You will be given training, materials and a full induction to help you get started in your local area.
What benefits do you get?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to the life-saving pioneering work of Cancer Research UK.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being a part of our local team.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
Where will you be based?
Most of your work will involve being out and about representing the charity in your local community. You may need to carry out some tasks from home.