Fundraising and Volunteering (World Cancer Day) Internship
We‘re looking for a passionate and organised individual, ideally with volunteering experience and an interest in fundraising to help the World Cancer Day team raise £2.4million this February!
What will I be doing?
- Planning and project managing volunteer cash collections for World Cancer Day
- Liaising with stakeholders across the charity to get their buy-in
- Creating engaging communications and briefs to encourage support from our volunteers
- Checking applicants’ references and following standard Cancer Research UK volunteer policies
- Briefing collection volunteers before the collection day
- Communicating with volunteers by email and phone and answering questions on the day
- Thanking and gathering feedback from collection volunteers after 4 February
- Supporting with campaign reporting for World Cancer Day stakeholders
- Assisting with delivering logistical requirements in the lead up to 4 February
What skills will I gain?
- Project management and planning complex fundraising activities
- Stakeholder management and working with different teams across a large organisation
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and management
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Event management experience
What skills do I need?
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- The ability to think and work creatively
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building relationships across teams and with supporters
- Confidence in meeting new people
- Ability to work in a team and independently, taking initiative when necessary
Why we need you
Thursday 4 February 2017 is World Cancer Day. It’s a day when the world comes together to show that we are united in the fight against cancer. Cancer Research UK needs your help to manage the recruitment of cash collection volunteers for World Cancer Day.
Teams of collection volunteers will be based at tube stations across London zones 1-2, handing out Unity Bands for a suggested donation of £2. You will be office based, leading the process of volunteer recruitment, communication, briefing and on the day support for collection volunteers.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.