Fundraising and Events (Celebrity Foundations) Internship
We’re seeking an enthusiastic self-starter interested in developing their community fundraising, supporter stewardship and event skills to support the Peter Andre Fund and Sebastian Coe Foundation.
What will I be doing?
Supporting on the Peter Andre Fund and Sebastian Coe Charitable Foundation, as well as our first ever Charity of the Year partnership with Strutt & Parker:
Peter Andre Fund
- Supporting in the lead up to Peter Andre’s Private fundraising gig at the Ivy
- Researching, planning and creating the new Pete’s Champions fundraising pack and other supporting materials to help supporters with their fundraising
- Liaising with fundraisers to support them with any queries and offering fundraising advice and encouragement, via email and also through engagement phone calls
- Supporting with writing copy for email communications to all Peter Andre Fund supporters
Sebastian Coe Charitable Foundation
- Providing fundraising support to Strutt & Parker employees to help them hit their overall target of £500,000
- Supporting the team with post event banking and thanking
- Supporting our Team Coe Marathon participants, offering fundraising advice and encouragement and providing any support as required
- Helping your manager to research and pursue new business opportunities for existing foundations
What skills will I gain?
- Comprehensive knowledge of community fundraising and celebrity foundations
- Relationship building skills
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with teams across the charity
- Time management skills
- Event management skills
What skills do I need?
- Strong written communication skills
- A friendly, personable manner and the ability to build rapport quickly with others
- A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to use your own initiative
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- An interest in fundraising and the charity events market
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Confident phone manner is desirable
Why we need you
The Celebrity Foundations and Partnerships team is responsible for generating income through our four celebrity Foundations: the Peter Andre Fund, The Sebastian Coe Charitable Foundation, the Jenson Button Trust, the Bobby Moore Fund and one high value partnership, the Oxford/Cambridge Boat Race.
It’s an exciting time as we have a number of great activities coming up: the re-launch of the Pete’s Champions fundraising campaign, Pete’s private gig at The Ivy and our Strutt & Parker Charity of the Year partnership with the Sebastian Coe Charitable Foundation. The main focus of the internship will be supporting across all of these activities. This will give you a broad overview of the Celebrity Foundations and Partnerships team and enable you to develop core fundraising skills in event management and stewardship of high value supporters. In addition to this, you will get the chance to volunteer across the whole High Value Supporter Partnerships team to support the delivery of events and activities, such as the Emeralds and Ivy ball and the Bobby Moore Fund’s Dining with the Stars event.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home for one day a week can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.