Fundraising Ambassador for The Francis Crick Institute – Essex – 2017/18
Apply right now!
The Francis Crick Institute is a visionary collaboration between six of the world's leading medical research organisations, including Cancer Research UK, and we helped to create an exciting new centre of research in London's Kings Cross.
We’re looking for well-connected people in Essex to become fundraising ambassadors and contribute to a project to help fund this inspiring institute of research.
Why we need you:
Cancer Research UK believes that, with the best facilities and the best scientific minds, we will learn more about what makes cancer start, spread and develop. The Francis Crick Institute scientists will help unravel the mysteries behind cancer and other diseases, ultimately improving the lives of patients across the world.
We need brave, ambitious people and businesses in Essex to raise a minimum of £20,000 each that will contribute heavily to the yearly running costs of the institute.
What will I be doing?
- Organising a fundraising event to raise funds for The Francis Crick Institute through Cancer Research UK
- Promoting your event in the local community
- Representing Cancer Research UK in the local community
How you raise the money is up to you but this could be through:
- A Golf Day
- A Black Tie Ball
- A Celebrity Charity Football Match
- A High End fashion show
- An Art exhibition
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated and have a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will have a strong network of friends, family and contacts. You will generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and deliver a successful fundraising event.
What support will we give you?
- An induction to volunteering and ongoing support and guidance from your Essex based Fundraising Manager
- Advice on how to set up and promote a fundraising event
- The exclusive opportunity to visit the Francis Crick Institute, go behind the scenes and hear from one of the scientists to see how your money helps save lives
- You will also have the support network of your fellow Essex Fundraising Ambassadors to share successes, challenges and ideas with.
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new, like-minded people from your area who are coming together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- A unique insight into the world of The Francis Crick Institute and the charity sector
Where will I be based?
This is a home based role in Essex, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. booking venues, sourcing prizes, networking and promoting your event.
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Please fill in our online form and someone will be in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Hesketh your Local Fundraising Manager via Emily.Hesketh@cancer.org.uk or 07733 303210.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.