Fundraising Ambassador for Research in Yorkshire – Yorkshire
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Cancer Research UK believes that, with the best facilities and the best scientific minds, we will learn more about what makes cancer start, spread and develop. Our scientists in Yorkshire are working fast and smart to beat cancer sooner to improve outcomes for cancer patients.
Last year we spent over £4million on research in Yorkshire alone and the discoveries our researchers are making will help people all over the UK.
We’re looking for well-connected, ambitious people and businesses in Yorkshire to become fundraising ambassadors and contribute to help fund the inspiring research happening in the area by raising a minimum of £10,000.
What will you be doing?
- Organising a fundraising event to raise funds for Cancer Research UK funded research in Yorkshire
- Promoting your event in the local community
- Representing Cancer Research UK in the local community
How you raise the money is up to you, but this could be through:
- A Golf Day
- A Black Tie Ball
- A Charity Football Match
- An Art Exhibition
- A Family Fun Day
The type of person we are looking for
You will be enthusiastic and motivated and have a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will have a strong network of friends, family and contacts. You will be able to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and deliver a successful fundraising event.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction to volunteering and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- The satisfaction of knowing you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- A unique insight into the world of research in Yorkshire and the charity sector
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Yorkshire, however part of your role will include you being “out and about” in the community e.g. booking venues, sourcing prizes, networking and promoting your event.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Please fill in our online form. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Mattison your Local Fundraising Manager on 07795 307035 or email@example.com
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.