Events Sponsorship Internship
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and organised individual with an interest in communications and events to help manage relationships with Cancer Research UK’s partners and sponsors.
What will I be doing?
Supporting the wider partnership team to manage relationships with Cancer Research UK’s partners and sponsors. This will include:
- Coordinating volunteers for our national Tesco Turns Pink fundraising weekend
- Liaising with the Cancer Research UK events team and Tesco to confirm in-store promotions schedule
- Planning, creating and project managing the production of fundraising materials for Tesco staff
- Leading on all ‘on the day’ logistics for partners, including liaising with event managers, health and safety and any warehouse logistics
What skills will I gain?
- Develop your skills around relationship and stakeholder management
- Project management skills
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with teams across the charity
- Increased understanding of sponsorship as part of the wider marketing mix
- Increased understanding of different fundraising mechanics, from employee fundraising to cause-related marketing
What skills do I need?
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- An interest in marketing, communications and sponsorship
Why we need you
The National Events team is going through a fast-paced and exciting period of growth. We are rapidly expanding our product portfolio, ensuring we remain the country’s foremost charity events team by delivering quality, large scale and fast following events. As the Events portfolio has developed, so has the requirements of the Partnerships team. We’re now supporting the acquisition, management and development of partnerships across Race for Life, Shine, Tough 10 and third-party Sports events.
We are looking for an intern to support with the day-to-day management of our relationship with Tesco, with a particular focus on various staff and volunteer fundraising opportunities, such as the Tesco Turns Pink national fundraising weekend in April.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to at least 3 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based in our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.