Events Assistant – Relay For Life Carlisle and Eden Valley
Apply right now!
Why we need you
Cancer Research UK is seeking individuals to take on the exciting role of assisting a group of fundraisers to organise an annual Relay For Life in their local community.
By assisting a Cancer Research UK Relay For Life Committee, you will help to increase cancer awareness within your community and raise significant funds for Cancer Research UK's life-saving work to find new and better cures for this disease. Relay For Life is a year-round team fundraising challenge bringing communities together to beat cancer.
Teams of friends and family fundraise for life-saving cancer research, then join a 24-hour celebration showing that together we are stronger than cancer.
Are you the leader of the pack and a good decision maker? Someone who can pro-actively think outside the box? If you thrive on the excitement of being part of a team brought together to deliver something truly inspiring then the Relay For Life Event Assistant role could be for you.
What will you be doing?
You can get involved in a variety of different activities to suit your interests such as:
- Recruiting and motivating teams and team members to fundraise
- Assisting with planning and organising the opening and closing ceremony
- Planning and coordinating engaging and fun activities for the event attendees to participate in to promote cancer awareness
- Organising on the day entertainment for the event
- Carrying out a risk assessment for the event
- Being present on event day to support suppliers with their requirements
The type of person we are looking for
Would you call yourself a ‘doer’? Are you self motivated and enthusiastic, someone who thrives on inspiring others to get involved? Do you have a positive approach? Both in quiet and busy times are you resourceful and have excellent organisational skills?
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- Wider support via the Relay For Life network across the rest of the UK
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet local like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Help raise the profile of Cancer Research UK in your local area
- Development and support on your event management and leadership skills
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be part of a huge, fun and inspiring event
How much time do you need to commit?
You will be expected to complete our online training modules using the Learn for Life platform. Planning generally begins 9 months prior to the Relay. The Relay committee have meetings every 6 weeks and it would be great if you could attend.
Where will you be based?
This is a home based role, however a large part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. meetings, networking etc, along with your regular team meetings
Please fill in our online form. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager, Sarah Mattison at email@example.com or on 07795 307 035
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.