Event Volunteers – Horsham or Gatwick – 15th/16th/17th September 2017
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We have some fantastic supporters in West Sussex who are organising a Family Fun Day and Gift Fair over the weekend of 15/16/17th September. We’re on the lookout for some passionate, motivational and inspiring people to join our amazing team of volunteers. Without volunteers, our events simply couldn’t happen!
There are two event’s happening over the weekend, when you apply please state which event you would like to volunteer at:
- The Pink Gift Fair, Horsham, RH12 1RL
- Family Fun Day, Gatwick Aviation Museum, RH6 0JT
What will you be doing?
There are lots of roles to get involved in. Handing out leaflets, selling raffle tickets, manning the door, acting as signposts for guests, help at the registration table, running a fun activity or helping us to set up and break down the event These crucial roles ensure the event runs smoothly and guests have a great time. This role is perfect for team players with great communication skills who can use their initiative when dealing with anything that may occur on the day.
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in knowing you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities and one of their many supporter groups.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- It’s an amazing experience; volunteering at local community events has an atmosphere like no other.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
How much time do you need to commit?
Any time you can give us would be much appreciated and no matter how much time you have, we can find a role for you!
Please let us know how long you are able to be on site and we can make sure your role is flexible to your availability.
We need volunteers to help set up, during the event and pack down so don’t worry if you can’t stay the whole day or make it for the start of the event. The events run 9 – 4pm on Saturday and Sunday, and Friday from 4pm to set up.
What support will you be given?
A member of the team will contact you before the event to discuss any queries you have about the event or your role.
Please fill in our short online application form. If you have any questions please contact your Local Fundraising Manager Sharon Baldwin via Sharon.Baldwin@cancer.org.uk or 07836 382047.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.