Event Volunteers - Cancer Research UK Brighton Kids & Teens Mini Mile - 8th April 2017
Start your volunteering now!
Why we need you:
We rely on every mile, every pound and every volunteer to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. This includes our event volunteers, who are essential in making sure race day is a huge success and that our runners receive the support they deserve.
Volunteer at this event and help us save lives. For just one day of volunteering, you’ll be helping us to raise vital funds for our pioneering, life-saving research.
Together we will beat cancer sooner.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Lots of enthusiasm.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Confident with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
What will I be doing?
As part of our events team, you will be:
- Directing the runners on the route
- Responding to any incidents
- Encouraging the runners
- Keeping spectators off the running line
- Handing out water to runners
What support will I be given?
- You will receive a thorough briefing about the event and your role, both in the lead up to the event and on race day.
- We’ll also provide you with snacks and on the day support through a Team Leader.
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK and helping us to beat cancer sooner.
- For anyone looking to get into events management or the charity sector, this is a great way to get an insight as to what’s involved at sports events and also develop your experience.
- Meet new people and help us to ensure our inspirational runners have the best day possible.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.