Event Volunteer – Southwark Cathedral – 27th October 2017
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
The London Mahler Orchestra needs you! We’re looking for people to support the running of a classical music concert in Southward Cathedral on Friday 27th October. We need the help of our amazing volunteers to make sure the event raises as much money as possible for Cancer Research UK. We can’t do it without you!
What will I be doing?
We’re looking for people to help in a variety of ways. We need people to:
- Sell tickets and programmes on the door – this will be inside the Cathedral and we’ll need people to be in place to sell tickets and programmes from 6pm onwards.
- Take tickets on the door – this will be inside the Cathedral and ideally, we’d like people to be in place from 6pm (some people can arrive early to get good seats).
- Show people to their seats – the Cathedral will be divided into different sections. People will buy a ticket for a specific section (e.g. Zone A or Zone C), but they won’t have a specific seat number. We’ll need volunteers to direct people to the different zones.
What skills do I need?
- Volunteers selling tickets and / or programmes should be comfortable handling money and dealing with members of the public. They should also be comfortable working in a relatively fast paced environment (it can get a bit busy close to the time the concert starts with people rushing in to buy tickets).
- Volunteers taking tickets will need to be comfortable dealing with members of the public.
- Volunteers stewarding and showing people to their seats should be comfortable using a relatively simple map with different zones indicated on it, and dealing with members of the public as well.
What support will we give you?
We will provide volunteers with t-shirts and everyone will be briefed in relation to their role upon arrival.
What benefits can I expect?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in knowing you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- The chance to hear one of London’s best orchetras (made up of professional and high-level amateur musicians) perform an incredible symphony in a stunning setting.
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities.
- To meet new and like-minded people.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
We’re looking for people who would be able to come to Southwark from 6pm til at least 7:30pm (half an hour after the concert starts). Volunteers are more than welcome to stay and watch the concert for free if they would like (expect end time 8:45pm). Please let us know beforehand if you’d like to stay.
Where will I be based?
This role will be based at Southwark Cathedral on Friday 27th October.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.