Event Volunteer – Bear Grylls Survival Race London - 8th October
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We’re looking for volunteers to lend a hand at Bear Grylls Survival Race in Trent Park, London on 8th October.
You will act as ambassadors for the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. All volunteers will be stationed at the finish line and you will be there to raise awareness of our partnership with the race and to congratulate the participants on their achievement.
By giving your time to volunteer, you’ll be helping us to raise vital money for our pioneering, life-saving research.
Together we will beat cancer sooner.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Organised: there might be a few different tasks we need your help with on the day
- Confident: we need you to be comfortable and happy with approaching members of the public
- Approachable: you’ll be the face of Cancer Research UK on the day
- Enthusiastic: you’ll be helping to spread the word about both Cancer Research UK and the Stand Up To Cancer campaign
What will I be doing?
There are a whole host of things we’ll need your help with on the day, including:
- Distributing race medals
- Distributing Finisher's T-Shirts
- Distributing Water
- Helping to cut race timing chips
- Being a friendly face at the finish line and congratulating the runners!
What support will we give you?
- A full briefing before the event and on arrival at the event. Details of the briefing location will be given in due course.
- A dedicated Stand Up to Cancer contact so you have someone to speak to and ask questions, from the moment you sign up until after the event.
What benefits can I expect?
- Entry to a volunteer wave of the Bear Grylls Survival Race at 4pm
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for the Stand Up to Cancer campaign for Cancer Research UK
- A unique insight into the world of events and the charity sector
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
Where will I be based?
You’ll be right in the heart of it, based at the finish line of the Bear Grylls Survival Race.
A day to spare – you’ll be needed from around 7.30am on the day, and finished by 4pm.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.