Event Organiser – Magic Mums - Bournemouth
Apply right now!
Mother’s Day is fast approaching and we’re looking for some Magic Mums! We’re looking for individuals or groups that already meet to join a fun and exciting fundraising group. If you enjoy organising, want to meet new people, have a skill you want to share then please get in contact.
Why we need you:
Are you already part of a mother and baby group? Or do you want to meet new people with children? Would you like to use your knowledge to help to beat cancer sooner? We’re looking for some passionate and inspirational mothers who would enjoy creating a Magic Mum event.
What will I be doing?
You will become part of a team of Magic Mums who will plan and deliver fundraising events. Your Cancer Research UK contact will support you and the group to plan and raise £10,000 towards our ground-breaking research. We would love for you to be an instrumental part of the team in organising the Magic Mum event, spreading the word and creating a buzz about the event encouraging mums and their babies to get involved.
What skills do I need?
- An interest in planning and coordinating fundraising activities as a team
- Thinking creatively to identify new ideas and opportunities
- A people person- willing to make new friend
- Leading the fundraising group as Chairperson and acting as the ‘go to’ contact
- Communicating and relationship building with people in your community
- Using your local knowledge to help promote fundraising events in your area
- Encouraging others to support Cancer Research UK
What support will we give you?
You will have support from your local fundraising manager who will help with the event and materials needed. You will meet with your CRUK contact and chat through the event.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to Cancer Research UK’s goal of helping 3 in 4 people surviving cancer by 2034.
- The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
How much time do you need to commit?
Ideally you’d be able to spare a few hours per week in the run up to the event.
Where will I be based?
The role will be mainly home based but events will be local to you.
Please fill in our online form, or if you have any questions, get in contact with your Local Area Manager Charlie Hawker on 07824 598113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.