Event Management Volunteer
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
On 3rd February 2017, Cancer Research UK are hosting a high value fundraising dinner in Birmingham City Centre. We need a creative, committed volunteer to help us make the event as successful as possible, generating interst in the event, and overseeing on-the-evening logistics.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting the Local Fundrasing Manager in generating interest and ticket sales from Birmingham-based businesses
- Co-ordinating the collection of guest information (names, titles, dietary requirements) and the communication of key information to all guests (timings, venues, etc.)
- Supporting the organisation of auction and raffle prizes, as well as evening activities and recruitment for on-the-evening volunteers
- Liaising with the event venue to ensure suppliers (Audio/Visual, caterers) are aware of their roles, responsibilities and timelines, offering creative support in designing the room layout and supporting the completion of a Risk Assesment
During the Event
- Overseeing the Audio/Visual elements of the event (presentations, audio, lighting)
- Ensuring guests have a high-quality, informed and stress-free experience through meet and greet, briefing for on-the-evening volunteers and query-answering
- Supporting auction and raffle activities (promoting prizes, collecting bids, collecting winner information)
- Collating photos and media to produce a summary of the event and supporting promotion of the event in the press / on social media
What skills do I need?
We are looking for a committed volunteer with excellent networking and relationship management skills. You will have the ability to adapt your style and approach to meet the needs of different supporters / customers and the confidence to contact them through the most appropriate channels. You are able to generate new ideas, approaches and insights to match the fundraising products with supporters / customers and work well with others to meet agreed deadlines. Using your excellent time and project management skills you will have the ability to support event planning and ensure all activities are assigned to a member of the team.
What support will we give you?
Cancer Research UK staff will provide a full induction into the volunteer role. You will be working closely with the Local Fundraising Manager as well as the Orgnaising Committee, both of which will provide you with regular guidance and support throughout.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills, supporting a high profile fundraising event
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of event management and the charity sector
What is the time commitment?
We’d ideally like you to be able to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis for 4 hours per week until January 2017 with the potential of rising to 6 hours per week in January. These hours are flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
Where will I be based?
This is predominantly a home-based role. We would, however, like you to also attend the fundraising dinner in Birmingham on 3rd February 2017.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.