Event Development (Volunteer Fundraising) Internship
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, confident and proactive individual with a passion for corporate and community fundraising to volunteer in our team.
What will I be doing?
- Developing and implementing a marketing and communications action plan for high value events across London, including challenge events, such as an abseil and boat race
- Taking the lead on identifying possible locations for a new and unique high value fundraising event and supporting the team to progress and secure the event
- Building your relationship management skills by meeting with our fundraisers to support the development of their events
- Supporting Local Fundraising Managers with on the day delivery of events
- Adding value to existing events, for example by sourcing auction prizes
What skills will I gain?
- Marketing skills
- Project management skills
- Exposure to event management
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with teams across the charity
- The ability to work within the Cancer Research UK brand, and be innovative with its use
- Insight into supporter management
- Time management and the ability to prioritise workloads
- Communication and stakeholder engagement skills
What skills do I need?
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidence in using basic PC applications, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills
- An interest and enthusiasm for fundraising
- The ability to complete tasks autonomously
Why we need you
The London Volunteer Fundraising team support people who fundraise for Cancer Research UK in their local area. Supporters are always at the heart of everything we do, and we work with a wide range of people, including companies, fundraising groups and individual fundraisers. Our supporters organise a huge variety of events, from high value balls and abseils, to sponsored runs and more.
We’re looking for an intern to help us develop and deliver existing fundraising events in the London area, helping to ensure their smooth running and that value has been added wherever possible. In addition, you’ll take the lead on identifying new opportunities for unique and high value fundraising events. This role would suit candidates who are interested in gaining experience of event management and delivery, as well developing corporate and community fundraising skills.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we’d like someone who can commit to 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but the scheme is flexible and this can be discussed on a 1 to 1 basis.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.