Event Assistant (Policy & Information and Strategy and Research Funding) Internship
We’re looking for an organised individual who is passionate about the charity with an interest in events management to assist the organisation of an event for up to 700 staff from the Policy & Information and Strategy and Research Funding Directorates.
What will I be doing?
- Assisting the Executive Project Manager with the organisation of a joint directorate away day event for up to 700 people
- Sourcing an appropriate venue for the event
- Assisting with the creation of the day’s agenda
- Securing speakers for the event
- Creating a feedback survey for use after the event
- Assisting with the communication and promotion of the event to staff
What skills will I gain?
- Project management skills
- Event management skills
- Interpersonal skills by working with a variety of key stakeholders including Directors and Executive Directors
- Internal communication skills
What skills do I need?
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in either policy, strategy or science
- Strong organisational skills
- Good negotiating skills
Why we need you
Teams within Policy & Information inform, develop and deliver evidence-based policy and information to influence and empower the public, patients, health professionals and key opinion leaders. Teams within Strategy and Research Funding set the charity’s strategy and support the network of Cancer Research UK funded research centres and institutes. The two directorates work closely together in order to beat cancer sooner. We’re looking for an intern to volunteer with both directorates to organise a joint away day in spring 2017 led by the Executive Project Manager.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but the scheme is flexible and this can be discussed on a 1 to 1 basis.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, and there will be some field work required for venue sourcing, however this would all be in London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.