eBay Stock Assistant Volunteer - Romford
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Play an important role in raising support and awareness of cancer. We need you to select and prepare the best clothes, shoes and accessories for sale on the Cancer Research UK eBay account, helping us to raise vital funds to beat cancer sooner.
What skills do you need?
We're looking for volunteers with an interest in fashion and clothing and an appreciation of quality and knowledge of brands. You will need to work quickly and accurately and as part of a team.
We are looking for volunteers who can photograph the items, helping to make our fabulous pre-loved clothes look the best they possibly can for selling online. You will need to have a special eye for what you think will generate more income online than in our high street shops. Photographs will be taken on our iPad Mini, so you do not need to bring your own equipment.
What will you be doing?
- Sorting donations of clothes, shoes and accessories into saleable stock for the online shop and items for recycling.
- Preparing stock for sale by sizing, steaming and labelling.
- Photographing the items - clipping clothes to mannequins within the eBay Hub studio as and when requested.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide all the training you need to feel confident in the role.
- The eBay Hub Manager will be available to advise and assist you as you volunteer, as well as other experienced volunteers in the team.
- There is also a full Description Manual to help with any measuring, size, material and garment queries you have – this takes you through the eBay listing process step by step.
What benefits do you get?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK.
- Learning new skills and gaining retail experience.
- Being part of an innovative new online project for Cancer Research UK.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a team.
- The opportunity to study for an NVQ certificate (currently only available in England).
The Hub is open Monday – Saturday 9-5:30, so is very flexible around your time commitments.
Where will you be based?
You will be based in the Cancer Research UK eBay Hub, Unit 40, Bates Industrial Estate, Church Road, Harold Wood, Romford, Essex, RM3 0HU.
The Hub is a ten minute walk from Harold Wood train station which has a direct link to London Liverpool Street train station.
If you have any enquiries, please email email@example.com.
How to apply:
Please fill in our short online application form and someone will be in touch!
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.