eBay Stock Assistant Volunteer
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Play an important role in raising support and awareness of cancer. We need you to select and prepare the best clothes, shoes and accessories for sale on the online store, helping us to raise vital funds to beat cancer sooner.
What skills do you need?
We're looking for volunteers with an interest in fashion and clothing and an appreciation of quality and knowledge of brands. You will need to work quickly and accurately and as part of a team.
You will be competent in using the internet and we are ideally looking for a volunteer who is familiar with how to use the eBay site, although full training will be provided. You will also need to have good attention to detail and a good eye for items of value.
We are looking for volunteers who can photograph the items, helping to make our fabulous pre-loved clothes look the best they possibly can for selling online. You do not need to bring your own equipment. Photographs will be taken using an iPad mini.
What will you be doing?
- Sorting donations of clothes, shoes and accessories into saleable stock for the online shop and items for recycling. You will need to have a special eye for what you think will generate more income online than in our high street shops.
- Preparing stock for sale by sizing, steaming, labelling and uploading each item onto eBay.
- Photographing the items - clipping clothes to mannequins within the eBay Hub studio as and when requested.
- Creating eye-catching, accurate descriptions for each item to generate maximum income by considering their brand, quality, fashionability, condition, season and size.
- Responding to customer enquiries politely and within a timely manner, supporting the shop to maintain its “excellent feedback” status on the site.
What support will we give you?
- We will provide all the training you need to feel confident in the role.
- The eBay Hub Manager will be available to advise and assist you as you volunteer, as well as other experienced volunteers in the team.
- There is also a full Description Manual to help with any measuring, size, material and garment queries you have – this takes you through the eBay listing process step by step.
What benefits do you get?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK.
- Learning new skills and gaining retail experience.
- Being part of an innovative new online project for Cancer Research UK.
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of a team.
- The opportunity to study for an NVQ certificate (currently only available in England).
Still interested? Watch our new video to see the impact you can have as a Cancer Research UK Shop Volunteer!
Where will you be based?
You will be based in the Cancer Research UK eBay Hub, Unit 17, Bates Industrial Estate, Church Road, Harold Wood, Romford, Essex, RM3 0HU
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.