Donate in Memory Volunteer - Slimbridge
Apply right now!
Why we need you
We need volunteers to provide support and awareness in their local communities about donating in memory for Cancer Research UK. You will be acting as Cancer Research UK’s local representative providing information about donating in memory options - Donate in Memory is a way of personalising fundraising in memory of a loved one.
What will I be doing?
- Thanking those who Donate in Memory with personalised letters and cards
- Arranging face-to-face meetings with and making introductory visits to funeral directors in your area
- Distributing leaflets and display materials to funeral directors
- Maintaining and developing good working relationships with funeral directors with regular follow-up visits or contact
- Liaising with your local Cancer Research UK fundraising manager or fundraising group
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- This role would suit a friendly, approachable person with good interpersonal and networking skills
- You will need to be able to write appropriate and sympathetic letters to thank people for donations (example templates will be provided)
- The ability to work independently is key for this role
- Efficiency and accuracy is needed for thanking supporters, banking donations and keeping records
- Some knowledge of your local community would be an advantage
How much time do I need to commit?
This role can fit around you and could be carried out with a commitment of a few hours a month. Ideally we would like you to visit funeral directors in your area regularly; a visit to each office a couple of times a year would be good. In addition, you will need to thank people promptly, as and when donations are made.
What support will I be given?
- A dedicated member of staff in your area will be on hand to offer advice and guidance
- You will be given training on how to find and introduce yourself to local funeral directors as well as templates for thank you letters
- We can supply leaflets and display materials for you to provide to funeral directors
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to help raise significant funds for Cancer Research UK
- The satisfaction of providing a personalised thank you and acknowledgement service to local donors
- The enjoyment of meeting new people within your community and being part of our local team
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in areas such as fundraising and communication
- We will reimburse agreed expenses you incur as a result of your volunteer role if required
Where will I be based?
You will volunteer in and around your local area and will be home based.
How do I apply?
Please fill in our short online application form. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager James Rogers via James.Rogers@cancer.org.uk or 07900161844.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.