Digital Training, Communications and Innovation Internship
We‘re looking for a confident and enthusiastic intern to support the testing and prototyping of new digital ideas and help build other teams’ digital skills and mind-set.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting the planning, delivery and evaluation of workshops, training sessions and materials with teams across the charity to help them become more digital
- Improving communication within the team and to the rest of the charity through various channels by sharing successes, best practices and updates on projects
- Supporting the testing and prototyping of innovative ideas in the digital space
- Researching the latest digital best practices, industry trends and technologies so we can continue to adapt our online presence so it meets our users’ needs
- Contributing to and observing user testing, where we get valuable feedback on our work from the public
- Assisting our production team on a variety of digital initiatives, including new campaigns, events and cancer information pages
What skills will I gain?
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with several teams across the organisation
- Presentation, facilitation and influencing skills
- Experience of working on training, learning and development programmes
- Knowledge of how to use Drupal, the content management system for our website
- Knowledge of user experience techniques
- Experience of using Agile and Lean methodologies to manage work
- Analytical skills, including knowledge of how to use tools such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the digital landscape
What skills do I need?
- A passion for digital, technology and social media
- Good IT skills – knowledge of presentation and/or image editing software is desirable
- Excellent research and verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to make the complex simple and explain concepts and ideas to people who are unfamiliar with digital
- Good attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- The ability to think strategically and problem solve
- Strong organisational skills
Why we need you
The Digital team manages and supports the main Cancer Research UK website. We work with many teams across the organisation to deliver exciting new digital products. Our users are at the centre of what we do and we aim to put them first in all work we produce. We’re looking for an intern to volunteer in our team to help up-skill other teams across the charity to build their understanding of digital and modern ways of working. You’ll also help us to keep on top of trends in the industry to ensure we remain at the forefront of what we do.
This role would suit someone who possesses an interest in social sciences, media, technology or business in general. You’ll be interested in building your knowledge of the digital world, will enjoy problem-solving and collaborating with people.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.