Course Marshal Volunteers - Cambridge Half Marathon - 4th March 2018
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We rely on every mile, every pound and every volunteer to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. This includes our event volunteers, who are essential in making sure race day is a huge success and that our runners receive the support they deserve.
Volunteer at this event and help us save lives. For just one day of volunteering, you’ll be helping us to raise vital funds for our pioneering, life-saving research.
Together we will beat cancer sooner.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- Lots of enthusiasm.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Confident with good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
What will you be doing?
Inspire, cheer and motivate participants by covering one of the marshal points on the course. This crucial role ensures the event runs smoothly and participants feel motivated. This role is perfect for team players with great communication skills who can use their initiative when dealing with anything that may occur on the course.
‘The experience is unreal. Like lots of others, I’ve been drawn back year on year. It’s an amazing sense of achievement to play a small part in putting the event together; especially when you’re cheering the last participant over the finish line – there’s always a story behind it - and generally tears! Cancer can be world shattering, and beating it sooner means more research to stop people’s worlds being shattered.’ Mark, Course Marshal Volunteer
What are the benefits?
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities on its premier national event series.
- Meet new and like-minded people in your local area and create a positive impact in your community.
- It’s an amazing experience; volunteering at an event has an atmosphere like no other.
- Volunteering can help you learn some great new skills and gain new experience to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments.
How much time do you need to commit?
Any time you can give us would be much appreciated and no matter how much time you have, we can find a role for you! Please let the event manager know how long you are able to be on site and we can make sure your role is flexible to your availability. We need volunteers to help set up and pack down so don’t worry if you can’t stay the whole day or make it for the start of the event.
What support will you be given?
A member of the team will contact you before the event to discuss any queries you have about the event or your role. You will receive briefing notes before the event and a full explanation of your role on the day.
All volunteer teams have a designated manager who will guide and support you in your role and answer any questions you may have.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.