Course Marshal - Bark for Life - Ruddington - Sunday 20th May 2018
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
This is a great one day volunteering opportunity marshalling at a local sponsored dog walk. This role is crucial to the safety and success of this event.
What will I be doing?
You will be helping to ensure the smooth running of the event by;
- Directing walkers and ensure they stick to the appropriate route
- Inform the event organiser and First Aider of any incidents or accidents
- Encouraging walkers along the route and offer support if required
- Helping display route signage if required
We ask volunteers to bring their mobile phones with them. These will only be used in case of an emergency and if the first aid team need to be informed of any incidents / accidents. We also recommend volunteers bring refreshments with them and dress appropriately depending on the weather.
What skills do I need?
- Good communicator
- Happy to be around dogs
- Willing to work as part of a team
What support will we give you?
- All volunteers will be briefed on arrival, providing all key information for the day and introducing you to all staff and other volunteers.
What benefits can I expect?
- A chance to meet new people in your local area
- Supporting a well established local fundraising event to ensure it’s success
- Being involved with one of the UK’s leading charities
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.