Corporate Research Volunteer – Northampton and Milton Keynes
Why we need you:
Our local fundraising representative for Northampton and Milton Keynes is looking for support to identify new business leads in the area. We are looking for partnerships who would be willing to allow the use of a room/area to sell high quality fashion jewellery and watches. By helping to collate information on local leads, and exploring news ways of engaging this audience, you’ll be helping to raise vital funds - and this is a fantastic opportunity to support Cancer Research UK in our life saving work.
What will I be doing?
Helping to research and identify local companies that would like to support Cancer Research UK by allowing us to use their premises for fundraising activities. The aim is to be able to collate a profile of warm leads that can be contacted, and to increase Cancer Research UK’s fundraising profile in the Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes area.
What skills do I need?
- Organisation and the ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident telephone manner and good email communication skills.
- Knowledge of businesses in the local area
- Must be able to build and develop effective relationships with other people.
Ideally we’d like someone who can spare a few hours a week, initially for a 4 week period. Because this is a home based role you will have the flexibility to choose your own hours.
What support will we give you?
You will receive a full induction into the role, and the team, as well as ongoing support.
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a vital difference to the life-saving pioneering work of Cancer Research UK.
- An insight into fundraising for the largest Cancer Charity in the UK
- The opportunity to develop skills in areas such as fundraising and event management.
Where will I be based?
This is a home based role.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.