Corporate Partnerships Internship
We’re looking for a creative and organised intern to help us plan and deliver communications and activity to our corporate partners during various cross-company staff fundraising campaigns.
What will I be doing?
- Planning, creating and project managing a potential new commercial fundraising campaign with a national retail and/or hospitality company
- Assisting with a pitch to renew an existing partnership by developing a communication plan to encourage employees to choose Cancer Research UK in a staff vote
- Liaising with charity champions (nominated employees who organise fundraising activity within a company) and staff on the ground to gather stories, photos, etc.
- Supporting the development and management of a Charity Champion network with corporate partners such as The Works
- Creating innovative and inspiring ideas and communicating them to excite staff and encourage fundraising
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing corporate charity champions through bespoke email updates, thanking materials and phone calls
- Organising and attending fundraising events
What skills will I gain?
- Planning and project management
- Producing print and online materials for teams across the charity
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with teams across the charity
- The ability to be innovative with the use of the CRUK brand
- Experience using Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and our internal supporter database
What skills do I need?
- Good communications skills, both written and oral, and confidence to communicate with a range of different audiences in an engaging and inspiring way
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to complete tasks on your own and within a team
- Computer literate
Why we need you
The corporate partnerships team build high value, long term, and industry leading partnerships with companies to raise funds to beat cancer sooner. Our portfolio of corporate partners help to raise millions of pounds through staff fundraising, stock generation, and commercial donations.
This internship offers an exciting opportunity to volunteer within the Corporate Partnerships team on a number of projects. In particular this role will focus on creating communication and fundraising plans for a number of our partners, including The Works and Premier Foods.
In addition you will support existing partners in campaigns and events, contributing to their growth and success. Many of these campaigns and activities are repeated year on year, so someone who can bring energy, enthusiasm and creativity to the team would be really valuable!
Find more details: www.cancerresearchuk.org/corporatepartnerships
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but the scheme is flexible and this can be discussed on a 1 to 1 basis.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.