Corporate Partnerships Development Internship
We’re looking for someone organised, enthusiastic and keen to develop their research and relationship building skills to assist us with the acquisition, management and development of company fundraising partnerships.
What will I be doing?
- Using your research skills to gather insights into the corporate fundraising marketplace within specific regions and sectors
- Collaborating with key members of staff across the UK to maximise opportunities with new partners
- Supporting the preparation of written applications and presentations for new corporate partnerships
- Supporting with seasonal fundraising ideas, initiatives and production of materials to maximise income from existing partners
- Supporting the account management of existing partners through coming up with new ways to reward and recognise their contributions
What skills will I gain?
- Gaining insight and experience within the corporate fundraising marketplace from acquisition of new partners, to account management and development of existing partnerships
- Research skills in a fast moving, corporate fundraising context
- Interpersonal skills by liaising with our partners, the wider department and other internal teams within the charity
- You will gain an understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policies within companies and how charities fit into this
- Developing knowledge of the Cancer Research UK brand and how to operate within our brand guidelines
What skills do I need?
- Creativity and the ability to think innovatively and strategically
- Strong organisational skills
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Confident using Microsoft programmes, including Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in fundraising and in collaborating with corporate partners
Why we need you
The Corporate Partnerships Team works to recognise the potential of company fundraising and partnerships across the UK. As a part of the wider Volunteer Fundraising department, the team provides support to regional fundraisers to drive income by developing relationships and managing our corporate partners.
We work across three main work streams. Prospect management to acquire new partners, Account management of our existing partnerships and Development which provides support to all work streams through creative and unique fundraising materials and activities.
We’d like our intern to make some important contributions to our team through their research and development projects. Previous interns have made a hugely positive impact on the growth of our corporate income stream and we are looking for our next intern to continue this trend through 2017.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but the scheme is flexible and this can be discussed on a 1 to 1 basis.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.