Community Fundraising Support and Volunteer Recruitment Internship (Bath)
We are looking for an intern to play a key role in helping us to grow our community fundraising profile in Bath. You’ll be supporting local fundraising committees and recruiting new volunteers.
What will I be doing?
You will be:
- Completing marketing and PR activities to help recruit new members for our fundraising committees
- Helping to promote local events which our fundraising committees organise
- Researching and recruiting bucket collectors and stallholders to volunteer at local shows and festivals
- Recruiting and managing volunteers for our main fundraising campaigns – World Cancer Day, Britain’s Biggest Breakfast and Stand Up To Cancer
- Building relationships with volunteers, local fundraising committees, local organisations and local media contacts
What skills will I gain?
- Project management skills
- Communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Relationship management skills
- Grant and Trust application writing skills
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with teams across the charity
- Time management, research and organisational skills
- Knowledge of how community fundraising is managed
What skills do I need?
- An interest and enthusiasm for fundraising and a commitment to Cancer Research UK
- A confident telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to complete tasks autonomously
- The ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Research and problem solving skills
- Good creative writing and organisational skills are desirable
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Confidence in using basic PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Why we need you
Our community fundraising has a wide portfolio of activity and we have high ambitions to grow these over the next few years.
We are looking for a fundraising intern to support the Local Fundraising Manager in Bath with planning and promoting community fundraising activities in the local area. This could include helping us to recruit a network of volunteers, third party partnerships and opportunities, and high value activities. You’ll use your creativity and research skills to help us maximise every opportunity and ensure that all those thinking of community fundraising, choose to support Cancer Research UK.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but we would try to be flexible for the right candidate.
Where will I be based?
You will be home based but we will provide you with the necessary tools to fulfil your role effectively.
- As this role is home based, you must have a suitable place to work, a computer / laptop and access to the internet.
- Within the role some local travel will be necessary, so a full and clean driving licence and access to a car is desirable.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.