Committee Member - Lisburn (Belfast)
Apply right now!
What will I be doing?
Your role will include a range of the following activities:
- Acting as an ambassador for Cancer Research UK on every occasion when meeting and fundraising for the charity
- Meeting to organise fundraising activities
- Coordinating and undertaking collections
- Collecting money goblets from your local area
- Contacting local businesses etc. to gain support for fundraising activity i.e. by asking for raffle prizes
- Selling tickets for fundraising events
- Finding further supporters / volunteers for the committee when required
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- A passion for Cancer Research UK’s aims of raising awareness and funds for research into cancer
- Willingness to ‘muck in’ with a range of different tasks
- Influencing and persuading skills would be of benefit for encouraging local businesses to get involved
- Ability to work as part of a team
How much time do I need to commit?
- A few hours a month to meet as part of the committee and arrange and undertake fundraising events.
- There will also be the opportunity to make goblet collections on an ad hoc basis.
What support will I be given?
- Your Local Fundraising Manager, Emma Hammett, will guide and support you in your work
- You will be given Cancer Research UK Induction Training
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to our work
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and working as part of a team
- The opportunity to develop new and existing communication, fundraising and interpersonal skills
- The chance to gain experience of working at one of the UK’s leading charities and remain informed of the progress of our scientific work
Where will I be based?
Committee meetings take place at a local venue, either a community hall, pub or even a committee member’s living room. Event venues are determined by the committee when required.
How to apply?
Please fill out our short online application form and Mark McMahon your Local Fundraising Manager will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising groups in your area and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations. If you have any questions please email Mark.McMahon@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.