Collections Coordinator – South East England
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Fundraising through bucket collections gives us a great opportunity to engage the public and raise vital funds to beat cancer sooner. We need your help right now to save lives.
What will I be doing?
Throughout the year and alongside our national campaigns including World Cancer Day and Stand Up To Cancer you will be:
- Acquiring collection licenses
- Liaising with local volunteers
- Running collections with a team of volunteers
- Reporting on income raised at collections
What skills do I need?
- Highly organised with attention to detail and the ability to think creatively
- Experience of using Microsoft Office software, including Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building relationships with staff and supporters
- Confidence in meeting new people and representing the charity
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative when necessary
What support will we give you?
- You will receive a full induction
- Your manager and the Volunteer Fundraising Team will be able to offer you guidance and support
- You will have regular one-to-one meetings with your manager to talk through your activities and to update on the progress
What benefits can I expect?
- The chance to develop your skills and gain hands-on experience in volunteering in a fundraising environment
- The opportunity to meet new and like-minded people and be part of a passionate team
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed with your manager, will be reimbursed
Where will I be based?
This role is home-based. You will also be out and about around the South East of England at collection sites.
We’d ideally like you to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis for between an hour to a day per week, depending on the number of collections we secure. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.