Collection Co-ordinator Volunteer– Bridgwater, Somerset
Appy right now!
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of Bridgwater Friends group; raising awareness and life-saving funds to help beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you:
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. If you’re looking to get involved with something different and make a difference then the Bridgwater Friends could be for you, we are looking for a new volunteer to identify new collection opportunities for the local group.
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new collection opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts.
- Helping to plan and coordinate group collection activities across different locations in the community including supermarkets and street collections.
- Promoting collections and recruiting new collection volunteers.
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area
What skills do I need?
You will be a socialable person who would be confident talking to members of the public. You will also have good organisation skills to book collections and manage the volunteers running these. As well as a good team player working with fellow volunteers from Bridgwater Friends, with the ability to lead on events when asked.
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of (enter area of work) and the charity sector
Where will I be based?
This role will be supporting Bridgwater Friends so ideally you will be in Bridgwater or the Somerset Levels. Some work will be home based and you will also be attending or organising events in the local area.
We’d ideally like you to be able to volunteer with us on an ongoing basis from a couple of hours to 1 day per week. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.