Challenge Event Organiser – South East London
Apply right now!
Cancer Research UK want to create a brand new fundraising group, made up of dynamic, driven, creative and adventurous individuals! Cancer Research UK will support you in creating an exciting new challenge event drawing on your expertise and experience in this field. You will be involved from the beginning – seeing your ideas go from a seed to a significant fundraising event that will raise £50,000 for life-saving research.
Why we need you:
You can make a real impact by volunteering your time, expertise and passion to this exciting new venture. Every moment you spare helps bring in more money to help beat cancer sooner. We need your fresh ideas, energy and the ability to drive this initiative forward with other likeminded individuals.
What will I be doing?
- Sharing your experiences of participating in or organising challenge events or extreme sporting events such as treks, cycling events, running events, mountain climbs, muddy races and so on
- Working together to come up with a brand new challenge to excite and attract a hardcore, dedicated group who are passionate about challenging themselves and raising vital funds in the process
- Organising and facilitating the event
- Marketing and recruiting participants
- Delivering the event
- Supporting the participants in maximising their fundraising
What skills do I need?
- A passion for Cancer Research UK aims of raising awareness and funds for cancer is very important.
- An ability to commit to a goal and see it through to the end
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A passion for adventure
- Experience in organising or participating in challenge or extreme sports events
- Enthusiasm and creativity!
What support will we give you?
Cancer Research UK will provide Induction training. You will have a Local Fundraising Manager - Claire Cullen, who will guide and support the event on areas including marketing, branding, health and safety, cancer awareness, event planning, fundraising, recruitment of participants and answer any other questions you have / provide support you need to make this a success.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the charity sector
- The autonomy to create a new charity adventure event with like-minded people for a national charity who research all 200 types of cancer
Joining the Challenge Fundraising Group would involve commitment of a few hours a week. This is dependent on necessary deadlines and hours may increase nearer to the event.
Where will I be based?
Meetings would take place at local venues in or around London based on convenience of the majority, for example a pub or café.
How do I apply?
Please complete our short online application form. If you have any questions please contact Claire Cullen on 07918 166172 or email@example.com.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.