Cancer Research UK Milton Park Ambassadors
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Do you long for the day when all cancers are cured? Did you know that Cancer Research UK is the only charity with the knowledge and expertise to tackle all 200 types of cancer?
We are looking for some enthusiastic Workplace Ambassadors across Milton Park to form a steering committee and champion our two biggest national campaigns – World Cancer Day on 4th February and Stand Up To Cancer in October. The Ambassadors will promote Cancer Research UK across the park by co-coordinating fundraising activities in support of these two annual campaigns and share our successes across the business park to generate interest and build wider support for Cancer Research UK.
What will you be doing?
- Co-coordinating, organising and overseeing fundraising events to bring the people of Milton Park together for World Cancer Day and Stand Up To Cancer
- Acting as the communication hub for Cancer Research UK
- Selling merchandise
- Spreading the word about Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work and encouraging others to support the charity
- Promoting upcoming fundraising or volunteering opportunities via internal communications and other available channels across the park
- Recruiting and motivating others to fundraise in support of the work of Cancer Research UK
The type of people we are looking for:
We’re looking for volunteers who can use their professional networks to help us increase support for our life-saving work.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Works well with a range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Influential, collaborative and diplomatic
- Well networked
- Keen to plan fundraising events
- Passionate about the work of Cancer Research UK
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK:
- An induction and ongoing support, training and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager.
- You will be provided with any necessary resources or materials needed to aid you to promote Cancer Research UK across Milton Park.
What benefits can you expect from this role?
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills – event management, influencing people and creative approach to problem solving.
Where will you be based?
- In your workplace – your target area is working with the businesses and people across Milton Park
How much time do you need to commit?
This is a flexible volunteer opportunity, an average of 1-2 hours per week, with the possibility of additional hours closer to the Campaigns.
To apply, complete our short online application form.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.