Cancer Data (Analysis and Evaluation) Internship
We‘re looking for a self-motivated individual with strong numeracy and communication skills to help us deliver clear, current and influential cancer information to a range of audiences.
What will I be doing?
- Performing a sub-analysis of one of our ongoing projects
- Supporting the Press team with their campaigns and press releases by providing them with crucial figures for any fast developing stories
- Assisting the Cancer Intelligence (CI) team with their enquiries function, providing current cancer figures and information to internal Cancer Research UK teams, including the marketing and fundraising teams, and our external clients, including health professionals and researchers worldwide
What skills will I gain?
- Gaining valuable experience of health statistics and volunteering for a charity
- Contributing to analytical projects using data analysis software, such as STATA and SQL
- Statistical analysis report writing
- Developing your ability to manage multiple priorities and handle short deadline tasks that are often high profile (e.g. press stories)
- Strengthening your communication skills and perfecting the art of translating complex information into understandable content
What skills do I need?
- Experience of analysing data
- Strong communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Being able to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
Why we need you
Here at Cancer Research UK, our understanding of cancer is increasing at a faster pace than ever before, and more people are surviving their cancer thanks to the work we do. The CI team is one of the leading providers of cancer statistics in the UK and has an excellent reputation in the cancer field for statistical presentation and interpretation.
We’re looking for an intern to perform a sub-analysis on one of our ongoing projects, working alongside CI team members to develop an analysis plan for this, carrying out the analysis and generating the subsequent report. Alongside this you will also be collaborating with CI team members to contribute to further team projects, as well as supporting our enquiries service, working in an often fast paced environment to provide concise and crucial information to a wide audience base.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.