Business Development (High Value Supporter Partnerships) Internship
We‘re looking for an enthusiastic, imaginative and organised individual with an interest in fundraising, partnerships and events to help identify new fundraising opportunities for Cancer Research UK and our celebrity foundations.
What will I be doing?
- Researching and identifying potential partners for the Business Development team to approach, based on defined briefs
- Conducting market research to identify trends and other charity activity
- Creating inspiring mood boards, presentations and proposals to capture supporters’ attention and gain their support for Cancer Research UK and our celebrity foundation partners
- Volunteering across the whole of the High Value Supporter Partnerships team to support the delivery of our high value Special Events portfolio and activities
What skills will I gain?
- Developing your knowledge of high value fundraising events and charity partnerships
- Creative and strategic thinking; developing both skills when considering new opportunities
- Project management; from initial planning through to project delivery, including resource and time management
- Research skills and the chance to develop your knowledge of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, Siebel
- Communication and business development skills; your support in producing persuasive proposals and delivering presentations will help build confidence when speaking to prospective partners
- Interpersonal skills; collaborating with teams across the charity will be key to the role
What skills do I need?
- An interest in high value fundraising and events
- The ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both in writing and verbally
- A friendly, positive attitude and capacity to build rapport with others
- Strong organisational skills and ability to use your initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office
Why we need you
The High Value Supporter Partnerships (HVSP) team exists to fundraise and raise awareness of Cancer Research UK by channelling the support and influence of several celebrity partners, third party events and charitable foundations. The team works on a wide variety of fundraising activities for both our core brand, Cancer Research UK (e.g. Oxford and Cambridge Boat Races, art fairs, polo and horse racing days) and for our celebrity foundations (The Bobby Moore Fund, The Peter Andre Fund, The Sebastian Coe Charitable Foundation and The Jenson Button Trust).
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to volunteer in the Business Development sub-team of HVSP who will lead on a research project and support on a partnership concept proposal.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London, although the option of working from home can be discussed at interview if you need the internship to fit around existing commitments.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.