Business Beating Cancer Board Member – Kent
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Are you a well-connected business leader who is passionate about helping us find a cure for cancer? Could you utilise your contacts and networks to form a ‘Business Beating Cancer Board’ and help us raise money for our life-saving work?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to form and lead a new, high-profile volunteer team and organise some truly fabulous fundraising events that appeal to other local businesses, then we would love to hear from you.
What support will we give you?
- You’ll work closely with your own, dedicated Local Fundraising Manager at Cancer Research UK, with experience in event organisation, volunteer management and working with businesses to support charities, to ensure that your fundraising event and activity aspirations are supported and your aims achieved.
- You will receive regular contact and be provided with up-to-date information on our work and the difference and impact your fundraising is having on our mission to cure all cancers sooner.
- Materials required to run and manage events or activities will be provided, as will travel expenses where agreed.
What benefits can you expect?
- The opportunity to network and work alongside many other local businesses
- Increased local PR for your business
- Collaborative working with other companies and across multiple sectors
- The opportunity to unite your staff, customers and the wider business community for a cause close to everyone’s heart
- Use fundraising as a mechanism to increase staff morale, unity and job satisfaction
- The knowledge that your business is making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK and helping us save more lives
What skills do you need?
- Excellent networking skills and contacts within the business community
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team of like-minded individuals
- Organised and self-motivated
- Persuasive and great at negotiating
What will you be doing?
- Using your networking skills and contacts to recruit a similarly minded group of business people to form a ‘Business Beating Cancer Board’
- Spotting opportunities to network and make introductions to Cancer Research UK
- Leading the ‘Business Beating Cancer Board’ to plan, organise and deliver a fundraising event aimed at the business community, raising £20,000 in year one
- Developing and growing the board and the fundraising event year on year to agreed targets
- Championing the work of Cancer Research UK
What is the time commitment?
This is a flexible role that you can fit alongside your other commitments.
Where will you be based?
The role is home based so most of the volunteering will be done in your own time or as part of a CSR responsibility within your role at work.
How can my business take part?
If you or your company would like to be a part of this exciting new Business Beating Cancer Group, please complete our short online application form.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.