We’re looking for a creative and organised individual with an interest in brand to join our fast-paced team and get involved in some exciting projects.
What will I be doing?
- Helping us to understand the wider charity and commercial brand landscape by researching other organisations’ activity
- Playing a key role in branding an online hub, which Cancer Research UK supporters will be able to use to make their communications more on brand
- Supporting us to take the brand into our physical environment, create a set of guidelines to complement it and update any out of date installations
- Working with a photographer – from briefing stage all the way through to having the final shots – to produce a set of photos teams can use in their communications
- Supporting closely on developing a coherent guide to our photographic and animation style
- Planning and delivering workshops for internal stakeholders and agency meetings
What skills will I gain?
- An understanding of the work that goes into managing an influential brand
- Project management skills
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills by collaborating with teams across the charity
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Copy writing and presenting skills
- A high level of knowledge of the Cancer Research UK brand, and brand awareness of the charity sector and the wider commercial sector
- Office and administrative skills
What skills do I need?
- A passion for brand
- Strong attention to detail
- A solutions-focused outlook
- A creative eye
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Confidence in using PC applications, including Microsoft Office.
Why we need you
Cancer Research UK’s ambition is to accelerate progress to see 3 in 4 people survive their cancer by 2034. Maintaining and building the strength of our brand is an essential part of this - our brand influences how people feel about Cancer Research UK. By consistently applying the brand across all of our touchpoints we’ll get to 3 in 4 quicker.
We’d like an intern to join our team at an important time as we continue to engage the public to “think cancer, think Cancer Research UK.” You’ll be helping us educate and equip people to create great work that looks and sounds like Cancer Research UK.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but the scheme is flexible and we can discuss this with you.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.