Bramham Park Fun Run Volunteer Event Coordinator
Apply RIGHT NOW!
Why we need you:
Next year will be the 19th year of the Bramham Park Fun Run with more than 600 participants of all levels taking part. This event has raised £127,000 since it started and has always been a volunteer-led event, in the beautiful setting of Bramham Park. We’re looking for a new group of people to pick up the baton and make sure this fantastic event continues.
What skills will you need?
Depending on the role within this team we’re looking for people who are:
- Organised and self-motivated
- Good administrators
- Good communicators
- Personable and outgoing
What will you be doing?
The two key areas of this event include organising the logistics and its promotion. These areas would include tasks such as:
- Liaising with the venue, suppliers and sponsors
- Visiting the venue to check routes
- Organising the distribution of flyers locally
- Contacting the local press
- Keeping social media up to date
- Ordering materials such as medals
- Completing Risk Assessments
- Contacting local businesses to ask for their support for the event
- Recruiting and briefing volunteers to help on the day
- Setting up event registrations online
- Emailing participants with event information and thank you emails after the event
- Monitoring fundraising income
Ideally we would like to split responsibilities between a few volunteers depending on experience, knowledge and time available to help.
How much time do you need to commit?
Ideally you’d be able to spare a couple of hours per week in the run up to the event – particularly throughout June-September. With slightly fewer hours required during the remainder of the year.
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique insight into the world of fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
Please note there will not be a Cancer Research UK office base for this role so you will need access to a computer and be happy to work remotely with guidance from staff and other volunteers via phone and email. You may be required to attend a few meetings in the local area in the run up to the event.
How do I sign up?
Complete our short online application form RIGHT NOW. If you have any questions, please contact Lynne Desborough on 07918 034954.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.