Bobby Moore Fund, Football Shirt Friday Internship
We‘re looking for a creative and organised individual, with an interest in sport, to help us make Football Shirt Friday the greatest Bobby Moore Fund campaign to date.
What will I be doing?
- Supporting on the delivery and logistics of the Bobby Moore Fund’s mass participation fundraising campaign, Football Shirt Friday held on the 28th April 2017
- Working closely with internal teams, including the Social Media Team, to maximise opportunities
- Co-ordinating marketing communications to football clubs and schools around Football Shirt Friday
- Approaching and contacting new leads to come on board and support our nationwide fundraising campaign
- Collating and creating newsletter content to share with Bobby Moore Fund supporters
What skills will I gain?
- Developing your knowledge of mass participation fundraising events and fundraising partnerships
- Project management skills
- Interpersonal skills by collaborating with teams across the charity
- The ability to be creative and innovative
- The ability to complete tasks within the Bobby Moore Fund brand guidelines
What skills do I need?
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in events
- A knowledge of sport, football in particular, is desirable
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Confident and professional demeanour
Why we need you
The Bobby Moore Fund was established to raise awareness of bowel cancer and to raise funds for bowel cancer research. The Fund is a high value fundraising team with a busy and exciting programme of events and activities, all held in memory of World Cup winning captain, Bobby Moore.
We’re looking for an intern to volunteer with the Bobby Moore Fund to help us maximise and grow our Football Shirt Friday mass participation campaign. This could involve galvanising support from corporates, schools or football clubs, researching new partners to support in marketing the campaign, or looking at new innovative ways to grow the campaign on social media.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.