Boat Race Cash Collection Volunteers - London – 24th March 2018
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
For the third year in a row, Cancer Research UK will be the charity partner of the Oxford and Cambridge Boat Races and courtesy of the very kind sponsors it will be renamed ‘The Cancer Research UK Boat Races’.
This is a fantastic opportunity for our charity, and we’re calling all volunteers to get involved. As usual we want to bring our Cancer Research UK energy to the event and create a real buzz and presence on the day.
What will you be doing?
You will be the face of the charity on the day and will help to collect donations and give away Oxford and Cambridge branded flags to enthusiastic spectators that line to banks of the river. If you’re a natural communicator and happy chatting to people then this could be the perfect volunteer opportunity for you. You can volunteer for as much time as you can spare between 12.30pm and 5.30pm.
You’ll enjoy this role if…
- You love interacting with new people
- You enjoy inspiring and motivating others
- You’re an energetic team player and communicator
What support will we give you?
- A full briefing pack with top tips and everything you need to know
- Communication from CRUK in the lead up to Boat Race day
- All the supplies you need for a great day of fundraising
- Support from other collection volunteers and Cancer Research UK staff on the day
What benefits will you get?
- Cancer is happening right now. By sparing just a couple of hours you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK
- The opportunity to meet new and likeminded people
- The experience of volunteering with one of the UK’s leading charities at an event watched by millions of viewers every year
Where will you be based?
- You can sign up to a collection slot in Barnes, Fulham, Putney or Hammersmith, all in the vicinity of the race route
- Two hours is a typical amount of time to collect for, however you can sign up and collect for as little or as much time as you can spare between 12.30pm and 5.30pm
How to get involved:
Applications will be open until March 2017. Join the team today – search ‘London’ at www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/volunteer/collect/search or get in touch with the team for more information TheBoatRaceVolunteers@cancer.org.uk
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.