Basildon Biggest Breakfast Host – Basildon
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
The Basildon & Wickford Committee have been running an all-day breakfast event for over 10 years and are now looking for someone to pass the mantle to. We’re looking for someone passionate about fundraising to form a “sub-committee” to put on the event and who can bring the community together to enjoy the most important meal of the day.
What will I be doing?
- Choose a date that suits you and the community.
- Locate a venue with kitchen facilities – and if possible crockery and cutlery too.
- Source food for the event – this could be donated or purchased for a great discount to keep costs down.
- Decide who you’d like to come; would school kids like to come with their families before school, would builders want to come for a bacon bap, would ladies like to come for brunch?
- Promote the event to those people. We can help with flyers and tickets.
- Host the event – it might be easier to work as a team. Someone to take the orders, someone to cook, someone to wash up, someone to take the money.
What skills do I need?
Organisation skills are a must. Good networks within the local community will help bring people to the event. A passion for fundraising. Commitment to see the event through to the end.
What support will we give you?
The committee will be on hand to share any advice you may want. The Local Fundraising Manager will also be available to help with flyers, tickets, materials and t-shirts for your team.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
A Day to spare plus a few hours for planning and promoting the event
We’d ideally like you to volunteer a day to host the event – that day is up to you. In order to get the most from your community you may also need to spend some time planning how to host the event and get people along on the day. This can be flexible and you can fit the role in alongside your other commitments.
Where will I be based?
You can do this role from the comfort of your own home. Planning and promoting can be done wherever is easiest for you and the event itself can be in the location of your choice.
How to apply:
Please fill in our short online form. If you have any questions, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager Emily Hesketh via Emily.Hesketh@cancer.org.uk or 01268 775203.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.