Analysis and Evaluation (Local Cancer Intelligence) Internship
We‘re looking for a person passionate about turning data into information and using it to improve local cancer care through Cancer Research UK campaigns.
What will I be doing?
- Planning and conducting a review of the statements on our online search engine presenting cancer metrics
- Liaising with internal teams that use information about local cancer care in UK to shape future projects
- Supporting the team in the promotion of Local Cancer Intelligence internally and externally
- Helping with our evaluation programme to record the impact of our work
What skills will I gain?
- Improving your statistical knowledge
- Learning about evaluation methods
- Developing web content
- Project management skills
- Interpersonal skills by working with teams across the charity
What skills do I need?
- A sound understanding of statistical concepts
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An interest in making information accessible to different audiences
- An interest in programme evaluation
Why we need you
The Local Cancer Intelligence team is responsible for developing knowledge about local cancer care services in different parts of the country and making sure the analysis we do underpins charity advocacy for more people surviving cancer. We also work with local organisations such as local authorities, clinical commissioning groups, health boards and health and social care trusts to produce in-depth analysis and communication of cancer related issues, tailored to local needs.
We are looking for an intern to make sure our webpages contain the latest information and to evaluate our projects. You will help us to concentrate our efforts where it makes the most impact.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 3 - 4 days a week for 12 weeks, but this is flexible and open to discussion at interview.
Where will I be based?
You will be based at our head office in Islington, London.
How do I apply?
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.