Action Team Member - Leeds
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We’re looking for people who will be proud to represent Cancer Research UK in their local area and help us fundraise for vital research into prevention, treatments and cures for cancer.
By becoming part of the Leeds Action Team, you’ll join a group of welcoming and friendly people who all have one thing in common – they want to do what they can to help beat cancer.
With the support of the team and the local Fundraising Manager you will help generate life saving funds that will go towards achieving Cancer Research UK's ambition - accelerating progress so at least three-quarters of people survive cancer by 2034.
What will you be doing?
As a group member you can expect to get involved in things like:
- Organising fundraising events with the other team members
- Representing the charity locally by attending cheque collections or picking up collection tins
- Raising awareness of the charity and the group encouraging others to fundraise for us
- Attend group meetings – held approx every 8 weeks
- Motivate and support other members of the group in their activities
The type of person we are looking for
If you are a team player with good communication skills and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK we need you in our team!
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Leeds, however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Please apply online and someone will be in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Lynne Desborough, your Local Fundraising Manager directly on email@example.com or call 07918 034954.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.